High Fiber Cookies
You would never know how healthy these cookies are. Not only do they taste that good, but with one cookie whopping in 5 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, they fuel your microbiome. Gluten free and refined sugar free, these are fav in my house not only with me, but with my lil ladies as well. Do you need focused help and a healthy transformation for you and your family? Work with me.Check out more nourishing snacks, smoothie recipes here.Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn for more easy, fun recipes and wellness tid bits!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces or your fav nuts/seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add 1/4 cup water to small bowl. Add chia seeds. Let sit.
- In large mixing bowl, mash banana until smooth.
- Divide rolled oats in half. Add one half to large mixing bowl with banana. Take the other half and process into a flour. (I just whirl mine in Vitamix for a couple seconds.) Once processed, add to bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients. Mix.
- Add chia seed with water. It should be a nice gel consistency now. Mix well.
- Form into 12-14 cookies (I like to use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Want more delicious snacks and bites like these high fiber chocolate chip cookies? Check out these recipes for more healthy snacks!