Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
We are in Whistler and no one feels like skiing. It’s one of those lazy can’t-get-out-of-PJs days, yet I could tell my little ladies were feeling antzy. So I enticed them with making some treats. They thought they were making good old chocolate chip cookies. Not really a regular in our house. And they were rather unimpressed when they saw the hemp and chia being pulled out. But since there was dark chocolate chips on the counter, my open minded little souls were eager to see what we were well, rolling.And to their surprise (I love when this happens) these protein-packed fibre bites were so popular, my oldest enlisted the crew to make yet another batch. And I got to sit back, enjoy and know they are fuelling their bodies with healthy treats. These will also be a hit for school.Do you need focused nutrition help while creating lasting healthy habits for you and your family? Work with me.Check out more nourishing snacks, smoothie recipes here.Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn for more easy, fun recipes and wellness tid bits!
- 1-2 tbsp Hemp
- 2 tbsp Chia
- 3 cups Rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cups Unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cups Coconut oil melted
- Mix chia in half a cup of water and set aside.
- Split your oats in half. Process one half into flour. Pour the other half of whole oats in bowl. Mix flour and whole rolled oats. Add in all other dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Add to dry bowl. Mix well. Hands work and little hands love this.
- Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and start rolling about a tablespoon of dough forming into lil golf balls. Again, little hands love this.
- Place on tray and set in fridge again for at least 10 minutes so they set.
- Store in fridge in airtight containers separated by parchment paper.