Carrot Cake Bites
If you are a carrot cake lover or even a morning glory muffin maven, these lil carrot cake bites are my favourite snack and double as a grab and go breakfast. Gluten-free, high fiber, nutrient dense and oh-so- tasty, these little plant based balls of greatness come together easily and can last in fridge for days. Whole grains, veggies, healthy fats and packed with protein, the only thing missing is those leafy greens. But you can get those in and the next meal!
- 1 large carrot peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cups coconut flakes unsweetened
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, OPTIONAL chopped
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- Add carrot chunks to food processor/high speed blender and pulse until fine. Remove and set aside.
- Add all the other ingredients aside from raisins and walnuts (if using). Process until blended scraping down if you need.
- Move to a mixing bowl and add carrots, raisins and walnuts (if using).
- Mix until incorporated.
- With hands roll into small golf like balls. Repeat until finished.
- Spill hemp seeds on a flat sheet.
- Roll balls through hemp seeds until well coated. Repeat.
Store in fridge for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen. Doubling the recipe works great as well.