Superseed Super Bites
Another take on the mega nutrient dense idea. I love them because they are so healthy—loaded in omega 3, calcium, protein and have antioxidants galore—easy to make and fun to eat.
- 1 cups Medjool dates pitted and packed
- 1/4 cups Hulled hemp seed
- 1/4 cups Chia seed
- 1/4 cups Sesame seed
- 1/4 cups Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cups Raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Espresso finely ground, optional, NOT for kids
- Process dates until a chunky paste forms.
- Add in the hemp, chia, sesame, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and salt (and if using expresso).Process until thoroughly combined. Stir in the cacao nibs. The dough should be sticky when pressed between your fingers. Add a small amount of water (a teaspoon at a time) and process until you can shape it with your hands.
- Shape dough into small balls and freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. Store leftovers if … any … in the freezer.