Miso Ramen with Shitake and Tofu
This Japanese noodle bowl is an amazing protein-packed quick meal. It is so comforting, full of greens and utterly delicious.Do you need a total revamp of your current nutrition approach to create daily healthy habits? Work with me!Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn for more easy, fun recipes and wellness tid bits!
- 1 cup Corn kernels
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic cloves diced
- 3-4 cubes Organic veggie bouillion
- 1 package Firm tofu diced (If you want chicken, use 2 boneless chicken broths)
- 3 heaping fists Dry ramen noodles or rice noodles
- 8 cups Water
- 10 Shitake mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 10 Baby Bok Choy sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups Broccoli cut in small florets
- 6 Scallions sliced
- 4 tbsp Red miso paste
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil in large pot.
- Heat corn kernels and set aside.
- In separate pot, cook the noodles in a boiling water for about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Add water and veggie bouillon to garlic and onion mixture.
- Add water and simmer. If you are using chicken, add chicken breasts here and cook through.
- Add mushrooms and tofu cubes. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bok choy, broccoli or whatever leafy greens and the scallions and simmer for a minute or so more, just long enough to bring out the bright green colour.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the miso paste. (You do this off the heat so as not to destroy the beneficial nutrients in the miso paste.) Stir well until the paste is completely dissolved.
- If using chicken remove breasts and shred.
- Plate noodles in bowls.
- Pour broth over the noodles.
- Garnish with the corn.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, tamari and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Loved this Miso Ramen? Try recipes with miso below or click here.
Craving Noodles? Give these a try!
Veggie-centric Soba Noodle Soup
Zucchini Pasta (pair with your favourite meal here)
Don’t forget to save this nourishing noodle bowl for later and share it with someone who loves miso ramen!