Miso Curry Rice Bowl
I’m always trying to recreate restaurant favs and by nourishing them up. This particular bowl was inspired by one of my favourite Whistler local hangouts, the Lift. It’s actually a coffee spot that serves some of the healthiest dishes in town. (That is so Whistler.) Packed with greens, seasoned with a sweet and spicy miso curry sauce, and topped with nutritional yeast, raisins, and almonds, this nutrient dense bowl screams flavour. And now that I’ve mastered it, I like to sneak in more of the greens. Don’t let the long ingredient list scare you, this dish is super easy to make and it just flows.
- 1 serving Cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup Carrots shredded
- 1-2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 2-3 Kale stalks leaves removed
- 2 tbsp Tamari almonds chopped, optional
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- Curry miso sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp White miso paste
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Bragg's
- 1/2 Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Whisk all of the curry miso sauce ingredients together, and set aside.
- In large frying pan add a bit of water carrots, broccoli, and onion to the pan, season with salt, and cover for a few minutes to steam the vegetables.
- When the onions are soft, and the broccoli is still bright green, uncover, and turn the heat to low.
- Add the brown rice, kale, and the curry miso sauce. Mix everything together on low heat until the kale wilts and the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Top with the raisins and almonds, and an extra sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Serve with some sliced avocado and some cool cucumbers for even more skin-loving superfood.