Stocking the Anti-Aging Kitchen:
Everything we eat effects our happiness—from our inner beings, how efficiently our cells and organs work, to how we feel and even to the radiance of our skin.
Even in the way we walk. Do you have a spring in your step? Or are you shuffling along needing that zip form your coffee.
True beauty starts from within by Nourishing each and every cell. The healthier our insides are the healthier we our outwardly. This is what Nourished Health Consulting is about—Nourishing Yourself from the inside out. So it is so important to clean up your diet to feel and look your best. Stocking the Anti-Aging Kitchen is a mindset. Commit to reducing and eliminating packaged, convenience foods that are loaded in sugars, fillers, chemicals, preservatives and other additives that are not only stealing the life from your skin and appearance but also robbing your body’s vibrancy and efficiency.
Here’s the Nourished quick guide to an Anti-Aging Kitchen.
- Beverages: Green Juice, Water with Lemon, organic green tea, Coconut Water—no added sugars
- Legumes: Cannellini Beans, Kidney Beans, White Beans, Pinto Beans, Lentils, and Garbanzo Beans
- Nuts and Seeds: A handful a day. These should be organic, unsalted and raw: Chia, Hemp, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Hazelnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds
- The ABC’s of Fruits and Vegetables: The more servings of greens, the better. Apples, Arugula, Asparagus, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Broccoli Rabe, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, cherries, Chicory, Cabbage, Citrus, Collard Greens, Cranberries, Cucumbers, Dark Leafies, Dandelion Greens, Eggplant, Endive, Green Beans, Peppers, Kale, Lemon, Melon, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Onions, Chives, Shallots, Scallions, Pears, Peas, Radish, Sea vegetables, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Sprouts, Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Watercress, Watermelon, Zucchini. DID I MENTION GREEN LEAFIES?
- Seafood: Wild Line caught fish: Faves include, but not limited to Alaskan Salmon, Herring, Black Cod, Rainbow Trout, Anchovies, Sardines, Mackerel, Clams, Dungeness Crab, Halibut,
- Grains: Oats, Quinoa, Buckwheat, and Millet
- Healthy Fats and Oils: Avocado (half a day) Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Olives, Hempseed Oil, Coconut Oil