Kale Onion Frittata
You guessed it. I even add kale to my eggs. But oh, let me tell you, this is seriously the most delicious get-your-greens-in for breakfast to date. You have to try it to know it. Trust me. My 7 year old has been eating this almost daily for at least 4 years. And let me tell you, when my girls ASK for kale, I am one happy momma. Now give it a try yourself. You’ll be hooked too. Kale never tasted so good and this protein powered breakfast will keep you fuelled till lunch.Great as dinner, served with a side salad. This recipe serves 1-2 people. You can also double and reheat tomorrow.If you are making for a larger group, triple recipe and instead of cooking eggs on stove, add egg mixture to an oiled ovenproof pan and cook in oven for 15 minutes until dry. Instant hit.NOTE: Broccoli also works really well.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1/2-1 cups Kale destemed and chopped
- Add 1 TBLS olive oil to small pan and saute onion and kale until soft and onion is translucent.
- In the meantime whisk eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the onion kale mixture to the egg bowl. Whisk all together.
- Add the rest of olive oil to pan and coat. Pour in egg/veggie mixture. Wait for it to cook @ 3 minutes on high heat.
- With two spatulas, flip egg mixture over and cook until you like it. Longer for dry, shorter for runnier.
- Salt and pepper to taste.