Kale Onion Frittata
You guessed it. I even add kale to my eggs. But oh, let me tell you, this is seriously the most delicious get-your-greens-in for breakfast to date. Meal prep breakfast in a a matter of minutes. You have to try it to know it. Trust me. My 7 year old has been eating this almost daily for at least 4 years. And let me tell you, when my girls ASK for kale, I am one happy momma. Now give it a try yourself. You’ll be hooked too. Kale never tasted so good and this protein powered breakfast will keep you fuelled till lunch.Great as dinner, served with a side salad. This recipe serves 1-2 people. You can also double and reheat tomorrow. It's easy to meal prep breakfast with this recipe. If you are making for a larger group, triple recipe and instead of cooking eggs on stove, add egg mixture to an oiled ovenproof pan and cook in oven for 15 minutes until dry. Instant hit. Have you tried my Superfood Sensation overnight oats recipe yet? It's another favoutite in my house.NOTE: Broccoli also works really well.Do you need focused help and a healthy transformation for you and your family? Work with me.Check out more nourishing breakfasts, muffins and smoothies over here.Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn for more easy, fun recipes and wellness posts!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1/2-1 cups Kale destemed and chopped
- Add 1 TBLS olive oil to small pan and saute onion and kale until soft and onion is translucent.
- In the meantime whisk eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the onion kale mixture to the egg bowl. Whisk all together.
- Add the rest of olive oil to pan and coat. Pour in egg/veggie mixture. Wait for it to cook @ 3 minutes on high heat.
- With two spatulas, flip egg mixture over and cook until you like it. Longer for dry, shorter for runnier.
- Salt and pepper to taste.