Fibre-rich, gut-healthy lentils serve up some serious plant-based goodness in this beauty of a vegan lentil soup. Eating for good health has never been so easy nor satisfying. I like to make this on a Sunday night and eat all week for easy vegan dinner ideas. Vegan soup lovers rejoice!Do you need focused help and a healthy transformation for you and your family? Work with me.Check out more nourishing andplant-based soups and meals here. Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn for more easy, fun recipes and wellness posts!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cups brown, green or black lentils
- 5 cups bone broth
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp salt pink is my favourite
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup spinach or arugula or other delicate lettuce
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Salt and pepper liberally.
- Add carrots and celery and cook 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir occasionally.
- Add rinsed lentils. Mix.
- Add bone or veggie broth. (I think bone broth really adds a very deep and decadent flavour here.
- Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, coriander powder.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowl and garnish with green leafies and pumpkin seeds.
Don’t forget to save this recipe for later by pinning it to your healthy bowls and nourishing dinner boards.