Zucchini Mint Soup
This is a perfect appetizer—it’s light, intense yet refreshing and leaves you wanting more. Add herbs at the end to protects enzymes and phytonutrients. For something a bit heartier, add white cannellini beans to the pot after all the vegetables have softened. Then blend as follows. Serve with a green salad. Yum.
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 3-4 Medium zucchini diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 cups Organic vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh mint chopped
- Place oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften.
- Add zucchini and garlic; continue stirring until vegetables soften. Add stock, stir well.
- When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender and add 3 tablespoons chives and the mint. Process until smooth.
- Return to pot, add salt, pepper, and reheat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately, sprinkled with chives.