Kale Lentil Soup
This is a warm and soul-satisfying soup for cold nights. Heart-healthy, fiber and protein and antioxidant packed, double the recipe and leave on warm throughout the day. Serve with a big green salad and your healthy hit an all time high today.
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Onion diced
- 3-4 stalks Celery diced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Smoked sweet paprika to taste
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 10 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 5-6 cups Vegetable or bone broth
- 1 cups Brown lentils rinsed and drained
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls Kale leaves torn and bite size
- In large pot, SAUTEE onion and garlic in oil for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- ADD in celery and sauté for a few minutes more.
- STIR in bay leaf and spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne).
- ADD tomatoes, broth and lentils.
- BOIL for 5 minutes and then SIMMER uncovered for about 20-25 minutes.
- STIR in kale and season to taste.