This is a warm and soul-satisfying soup for cold nights. Heart-healthy, fiber and protein and antioxidant packed, double the recipe and leave on warm throughout the day. I love this with the mushroom crustini.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4celery stalks, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBLS ground cumin
- 2 TSP chili powder
- 1 TSP ground coriander
- 1/2 TSP smoked sweet paprika, to taste
- 1/8th TSP cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls torn kale leaves
In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Add in the celery and sauté for a few minutes more. Stir in the bay leaf and the spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne). Add tomatoes, broth and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in kale or and season to taste.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!