This is a warm and soul-satisfying soup for cold nights. Heart-healthy, fiber and protein and antioxidant packed, double the recipe and leave on warm throughout the day. Serve with a big green salad and your healthy hit an all time high today.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 TBLS ground cumin
- 1 TSP chili powder
- 1 TSP ground coriander
- 1/2 TSP smoked sweet paprika, to taste
- 1/8th TSP cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 cups bone broth chicken or veggie—you choose
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls torn bite sized kale leaves
In large pot, SAUTEE onion and garlic in oil for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
ADD in celery and sauté for a few minutes more.
STIR in bay leaf and spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne).
ADD tomatoes, broth and lentils.
BOIL for 5 minutes and then SIMMER uncovered for about 20-25 minutes.
STIR in kale and season to taste.