Warm Winter Salad
The mixture of colors, textures, earthy flavors with the tang and saltiness of feta….I could seriously eat this amazing and antioxidant-punched side as a healthy meal everyday.
- 1 Red onion cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 Sweet potato cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Carrot cut into 3/4 inch rounds
- 1 Celery root cubed
- 1 Butternut squash cubed
- 1 Small beet cubed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cups Walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cups Feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, toss the onion, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, celery root (and/or butternut squash), and beet with two tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and roast for about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until tender and lightly browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, spread the walnuts in a nonstick skillet and toast over medium heat until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 6 minutes.
- Once the walnuts have cooled, coarsely chop and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and fold in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and the walnuts to the dressing and toss.