Warm Winter Salad
The mixture of colours, textures and earthy flavours, I could eat antioxidant-punched side as a healthy meal everyday. It’s honestly a show stopper dish and I can tell you it’s the simplest and most nutrient diverse dish that will wow not only your dinner guests, but your gut health too.
- 1 Red onion (cut into 1/2 inch wedges)
- 1 Sweet potato (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Carrot (cut into 3/4 inch rounds)
- 1- 2 cups Brussel sprouts (halved)
- 1 Butternut squash (cubed)
- 2-3 Beets cubed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cups Chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cups Feta cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a roasting pan, toss veggies with two tablespoons of the olive oil. with salt and pepper and roast for about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until tender and lightly browned in spots.
Meanwhile, spread the walnuts or seeds in a nonstick skillet and toast over medium heat until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and fold in the parsley.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the vegetables and the walnuts to the dressing and toss.
Crumble feta (optional) and garnish with toasted nuts or seeds.