Warm Kale And Brussel Sprout Salad
This combination is a killer. Crispy Brussels and wilted Kale. Cant get healthier nor yummier. Need I elaborate? OK yes, queen of Kale hails.
- 1 1/2 cups Brussel sprouts sliced in half
- 3 cups Kale washed, destemmed and torn in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar raw and unpasteurized
- 1/2 cups Almonds shaved or whole
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix Brussels sprouts in bowl with oil and salt, spread out on a pan roast until edges are crispy, about 20 minutes. I like them almost burnt.
- While the Brussels bake, combine the kale, salt, garlic and the rest of the olive oil in a large bowl. Massage with hands and spread on baking sheet and bake in same over for 5-7 minutes until slighlty wilted.
- Transfer kale to serving dish, add the cooked Brussels and apple cider vinegar to the kale and mix to combine. Top with shaved almonds. Drizzle with a tiny bit extra oil, maybe make it truffle oil.