Turkey (Or Chicken) Kale Soup
I know, more Kale. But I simply can not find enough uses of this green goddess. I seriously never tire of it’s glory. Aside from its crazy nutrient content, Kale is a serious mood enhancer. I always feel good after I eat it. So why not eat more. Try it and see for yourself. This soup is an easy crowd pleaser and a great weekend meal to warm up this looming cold nights. Skip the turkey/chicken component if you are looking for a meatless meal. Just up the bean anty.
- 1 tbsp Coconut or olive oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 stalks Celery chopped
- 2 Medium carrots sliced thinly in rounds
- 2 tsp Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili powder more for extra kick
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5 cups Vegetable or chicken stock low sodium
- 3 cups Cooked turkey or chicken shredded into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups Cooked white navy beans or bean of your choice chickpeas work as well
- 2 cups Kale shredded
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley minced
- Heat oil with garlic and onion in a large pot over medium heat for 1 minute. Add veggies and spices. Stir veggies, coating them in the spice mixture, constantly for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the stock. Cover the pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey/chicken and white navy beans. Cover the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the kale. Switch off the heat and stir until the leaves are just wilted (about 1 minute).
- Garnish with parsley.