I know, more Kale. But I simply can not find enough uses of this green goddess. I seriously never tire of it’s glory. Aside from its crazy nutrient content, Kale is a serious mood enhancer. I always feel good after I eat it. So why not eat more. Try it and see for yourself. This soup is an easy crowd pleaser and a great weekend meal to warm up this looming cold nights. Skip the turkey/chicken component if you are looking for a meatless meal. Just up the bean anty.
- 1 coconut olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder-more for extra kick
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups cooked turkey or chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked white navy beans-or any other bean of your choice. Chick peas work great here too
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Heat oil with garlic and onion in a large pot over medium heat for 1 minute. Add veggies and spices. Stir veggies, coating them in the spice mixture, constantly for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the stock. Cover the pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
Stir in the turkey/chicken and white navy beans. Cover the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
Finally, add the kale. Switch off the heat and stir until the leaves are just wilted (about 1 minute).
Garnish with parsley.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!