Here’s a protein infused sweet and salty side —great as a landing for a white fish or salmon—or a main dish on it’s own the entire family loves. If your kids love teriyaki, this one is a preservative and chemical free rendition.
- 1 cups Dry quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 4 large cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 3 1/2 tbsp Tamari (wheat free) or liquid bragg's
- 1 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Toasted or raw sesame seeds
- 1 Green onion sliced
- Rinse quinoa in cold water for 2 minutes. In saucepan, add quinoa, water, and garlic. Bring to boil on high heat, stir, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in ginger, tamari, agave nectar, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Cover again and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover, stir, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve.