Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa
Another, yummy, easy one dish wonder. Crazy fiber, crazy beta carotene, crazy greens=crazy good, both for your body and your taste buds.
- 3 Sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 cups Black beans cooked
- 3 big handfuls Kale destemmed and torn
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cups Onion diced
- Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Curry powder I like yellow for this dish
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Organic stock optional
- Cooked quinoa
- Cilantro torn
- Cut sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place sauté pan over medium high heat and drizzle with half TBS oil. Add garlic and onion. When translucent, add sweet potatoes, curry and cumin to pan and cook for a minute until they begin to brown, stirring throughout to coat.
- Cover after a minute, bring the heat down to medium and let cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until they’ve softened up. You might need to add a little stock to coat pan.
- Add black beans. Stir to mix. Add kale, season with salt and pepper, mix and cover. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, uncover and stir. (If it’s looking too dry, drizzle some coconut milk or organic stock.) Cook until kale is vibrant green.
- Drizzle with lime, garnish with cilantro and serve over quinoa.