Spicy Kale And Chick Peas
OMG, so many people ask me for easy one dish wonders. Well this one’s it. I like it hot for cold winter nights or cold for summer picnics. Super healthy super spices and foods, super fast, super yummy … It doesnt get any better than this one.
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 Small red onion
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 inch Piece of ginger grated
- 1 Yellow or orange bell pepper chopped small
- 10 Shitake mushroom caps sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 cups Cooked chickpeas
- 2 heads Kale sliced into 1cm ribbons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the oil and let heat up, about another minute.
- Add the onions and garlic, let cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the spices (turmeric, cumin, and cayenne), and let heat up until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, bell pepper, shitake mushrooms, and chickpeas. Stir occasionally and cook until the mushrooms start to get glossy and the peppers start to get soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the kale and cover, for 1 minute. It will start to shrink and turn bright green. Stir the kale, until all of it is uniformly bright green, which should take less than a minute. Don’t overcook.
- Remove from heat, add salt to taste, and serve.