Spicy Lebanese Lemon Soup
This yummy soup makes cold nights so much warmer. Lemons give this soup a fresh, clean taste and supercharge its already high nutrition factor. High in vitamin C, lemons are also an anti-inflammatory compounds. Lentils, heart healthy spices, greens …what more could this nutritionist ask for. Serve with salad and dinner is done! Make extras to freeze or lunch on.
- 1 cups Green lentils
- 2-3 cups Organic greens chopped
- 1 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 cups Water more as needed
- 1/4 cups Fresh mint or 1/2 tsp dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot. Chop onions and add to coconut oil. Sautee until onions are golden brown about 8 minutes.
- Add lentils, garlic, spinach to pot. Add broth and water. Add coriander, turmeric, cumin, mint salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered on low-medium for about 40 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Shut off heat and add juice from lemons (about 3/4 cup) , saving a few slices for garnish.