Salmon With Red Peppers And Mushrooms
Just enough flavor and substance to satisfy my appetite, this quick and easy dish is loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids that will definitely impress your dinner guests. Serve with a salad and done.
- 2 Large red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 5 drops Stevia
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small onion diced
- 6 OZ Shitake mushroom sliced
- 4 Salmon filets 6 OZ each
- Parsley minced
- Pepper Puree:Place peppers in a baking dish in the oven at 350°Roast for 10-20 minutes, until skin begins to shrivelAllow peppers to cool, remove stems, then slit open and remove seedsPlace peppers, lemon juice, stevia and salt in a blender and puree until smoothTransfer pepper mixture to a small sauce pan and warm slightly
- Mushroom MixturePlace the oil in a sauté pan over medium heatAdd the onion and sauté for 1 minute, then add the mushroomsReduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Salmon PreparationTurn oven on to 500°Leave the skin on the fish; rinse and pat dry with paper towelPlace fish skin side down on a metal baking sheetRub fillets liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with saltReduce oven temperature to 275°, then put sheet with salmon on lowest rackRoast 8 to 13 minutes, so that centers of thickest part of fillets are still translucent when cut into with a paring knifeTo serve, pour the puree and the mushrooms over the salmonFor a fancier presentation, pour the puree onto the plate, and then place the salmon on the puree and top with the mushroom mixture. Enjoy!