Rolled Roasted Zucchini Bites
These are a serious hit. Of course, I love them for their heavy hit of Tumeric. Double this recipe as I budgeted 2-3 per person at my party and they were gone within 5 minutes. These nutrient-dense, Vitamin C-and-antioxidant-packed roll ups were the hit of the night. NOTE: Goat cheese is a way easier dairy to digest. It doesn’t irritate your gut as cow dairy does. So on occasion, it is a fabulous treat. Enjoy.
- 2 Medium zucchinis
- 1 Large red pepper
- 3 OZ Creamy goat cheese
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees or medium-high. Once hot, quarter red pepper and sprinkle with oil and place it on the grill until soft and lightly charred.
- While the pepper is cooking, mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Trim the ends and slice your zucchini lengthwise into about 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices.
- Lightly coat all of the zucchini strips in oil on both sides and then rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the strips.
- Sprinkle one side generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the strips on the grill in a single layer for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip and grill the other side for another 3-5 minutes. You want them golden brown and slightly charred. Take the zucchini off the grill and let cool on a wire rack.
- Slice cooked pepper. Strips should be as wide as zucchini.
- Once zucchini cooled, sprinkle with goat cheese down the length of each strip and place one slice of roasted pepper at the end.
- Wash your hands to avoid goat cheese all over the outside of the rolls, then roll the strips and place seam side down. Salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temp.