I love hummus. It’s easy, yummy, a great way to get some plant protein in and the kids just keep dipping. This combination of zesty and sour, may look benign, but it has a spicy kick and gives off some heat to keep your metabolism going. This is a huge hit when friends come over to watch some kind of sporting event. This also makes a great substitute for mayo.
- 1.5 cups of cooked chick peas or 1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup roasted red peppers
- 2 TBLS tamari (or Bragg’s liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 TBLS capers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4TBLS cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted (optional, or as garnish)
Place all ingredients into a food processor, fitted with an S-blade or high speed blender. Process until well-combined.
Serve with baked tortilla chips and/or raw vegetables.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!