Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade Hummus
I love hummus. It’s easy, yummy, a great way to get some plant protein in and the kids just keep dipping. This combination of zesty and sour, may look benign, but it has a spicy kick and gives off some heat to keep your metabolism going. This is a huge hit when friends come over to watch some kind of sporting event. This also makes a great substitute for mayo.
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked chickpeas or 1 can (15OZ) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cups Tahini
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cups Roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cups Kalamata olives pitted, optional
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, fitted with an S-blade or high speed blender. Process until well-combined.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and/or raw vegetables.