Red Rooibos Latte
Sometimes I just need something sweet and comforting in the morning. And yes, I admit it, sometimes I will have coffee. But since I have self sabotaged any hankering for coffee as I make hands down the worst coffee in house, I enjoy a good Rooibos latte on occasion. Rooibos is made from a South African plant, and is an antioxidant-filled, caffeine-free alternative that blends oh-so-well with so many flavours. This is a fav in my house. Yummy iced too.
- 1/2 cups Strong brewed tea (vanilla rooibos is my favourite)
- 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Honey or alternative sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- Brew a strong half cup of tea, either with freshly boiled water or through an espresso machine.
- Heat and foam the almond milk using a milk frother . Almond milk gets a pretty generous foam – better than rice milk from what I’ve tried. Don’t even go there with soy.
- Stir the honey and vanilla into the tea, pour the hot milk over, and top with the foam. A dash of cinnamon adds the finishing touch.
- Let cool and pour over ice for a summery iced Latte.