Classic comfort foods get the Nourished Makeover with this super healthy take on meatloaf. It’s a good and hearty winter one-dish wonder that’s loaded with protein and veggies. Easy to freeze and also makes as a great lunchbox leftover.
- 1 Small red bell pepper
- 1 White onion quartered
- 2 Medium carrots
- 6 Button mushrooms destemmed
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ground thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Turkey meat ground and organic
- 2 cups Rainbow quinoa cooked
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cups Barbecue sauce HFC free
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Olive Oil sides of a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Quarter vegetables and add them to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the vegetables and garlic, until the vegetables have softened, about 2–3 minutes. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey, vegetables, quinoa, egg and a bit more salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Stir until fully combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the loaf pan, smoothing the top over with a wooden spoon. Smother in barbecue sauce and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 –15 minutes, slice and serve with a green salad.