Quinoa Double Chocolate Cookies
Don’t get scared by the big list. This gluten free cookie is crazy good so it makes up for it. We aren’t gluten free in my house, but I do like to lighten it up by using other fun grains. Quinoa flakes have great texture like oats with the health benefits of my beloved quinoa. Coconut sugar makes this recipe lower on the GI than if we were using regular sugar (as if we ever would) and coconut oil in this recipe replaces butter, so not only are they yum, they are also healthy. But remember, they are treats! But best double the recipe.
- 1/4 cups Almond flour or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cups Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cups Tapioca starch
- 1/2 cups Quinoa flakes
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Guar gum
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/3 cups Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Raw honey
- 1 Large free range egg
- 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients EXCEPT THE SUGAR in medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients and beat with the coconut sugar until creamed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a large wooden spoon until you have a thick, cookie-like dough.
- Spoon the dough on the parchment lined baking sheet. Smooth over with the back of a wet metal spoon and slightly flatten.
- Bake for 12 – 16 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.