Quinoa Baked Chicken Fingers
Kid food, all Nourished up–Gluten free, high in fiber and protein and the chia adds a nice Omega punch. The kids love it and it makes an easy grab and go dinner on nights when you are pressed for time. But when you do have the time, do yourself a favour and double this easy recipe and freeze. You will thank me later. It’s also a great habit to get into making a large pot of quinoa to be used all week.
- 4 Organic chicken breasts skinless and boneless, sliced in three inch long tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 2 cups Cooked red or white quinoa
- 1/2 cups Bread crumbs gluten free, like Mary's or brown rice crumbs
- 1/4 cups Ground chia
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread out the quinoa on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Mix chia and gluten free crumbs together and the over the quinoa. Squeeze together until the moisture of the quinoa is absorbed. Place the eggs in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then into the quinoa mixture, turn over and coat. Place onto a baking cheat. Brush with olive oil and bake at 350 until translucent thru and crispy, about 20 minutes.