I worship pomegranates both for their taste and many health benefits—rich in antioxidants, Vitamins C and K, fiber, folate, copper, phosphorous, and potassium, and are an anti-inflammatory. Hello superfood. I find removing the crimson arils soothing and relaxing. And since they are so abundant in winter, this is a great salsa eaten with chips, added to greens either fresh or cooked, over grilled fish and chicken or tossed into a quinoa.
- 2 1/2 cups Pomegranate arils
- 1 1/3 cups Cucumber diced, seeds removed
- 1-2 Jalapenos minced, seeds removed
- 1/4 cups Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cups Red onion diced
- 1/2 Juice of a lime
- Combine all of ingredients in bowl, stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Test for heat. Add additional jalapeño if needed.