This is an easy pasta dish for busy weekday nights. Loaded in Omega 3’s and high on the antioxidant factor, this dish is bursting with flavour and Italian punch minus the heaviness of gluten.
- 2-3 tbsp. Anchovy paste
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin crescents
- 1/2 head cauliflower, florets
- 6-7 black olives, pitted and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 15 ounce glass jar of diced tomatoes—no can tomatoes please. BPA leaches to tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Sea Salt
- Quinoa or rice pasta
- Grated Parm cheese, optional
Saute anchovy paste, garlic and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Combine tomato paste and water and add to the pan. Toss in cauliflower florets, capers, basil, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, olives, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and cook on a medium heat until cauliflower is soft (7-10 minutes). Pour sauce and vegetables over cooked pasta. Garnish with grated cheese if you wish.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!