Kale And Cannellini Toast
This dish is simple to make and quite tasty as a side, appetizer, or main dish, if paired with whole grains. You all know how I worship Kale. But here is a reminder: Kale is a spectacular source of calcium as well as vitamins K and A—important for maintaining healthy skin and strong bones, supporting the immune system, and producing red blood cells. Serve on whole grain baguette or millet toast for a healthy appetizer.
- 1 Large onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cups Vegetable broth divided
- 2 bunches Dinosaur kale or curly kale chopped or torn into bite size pieces
- 30 OZ Cannellini beans 2 cans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame oil optional
- 1 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- Preheat a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/2 cup broth and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add kale, the remaining 1/4 cup broth, beans, and lemon zest and juice. Cook on low until tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and if using, Bragg Liquid Aminos.
- Great on its own, on toast or as a side to a piece of fish.