You won’t miss this meat in this protein packed lentil pasta. I say this with authority as both my husband and oldest daughter love their meat. Don’t be afraid of the large ingredient list, loads of fiber and veggies will make this dish a staple in your house.Sauce is easy to double the recipe and freeze for a fabulous easy dinner another night.
- 2 cups Green lentils
- 10 cups Filtered water
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 cups Brown onion finely chopped
- 4 Carrots finely diced
- 1 Zucchini finely diced
- 1 cups Broccoli stalk chopped finely
- 1 cups Flat parsley leaf chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato chopped
- 1-2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1/2 cups Sun dried tomato
- 2 tbsp Fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp Dried oregano
- Chili pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils in 10 cups of water and a pinch of salt for about 30 to 40 minutes until cooked.
- While they are cooking, blend the tomatoes and the sun dried tomatoes with the agave and half a teaspoon of sea salt until pureed. Set aside.
- Heat one cup of the vegetable broth with one teaspoon salt, quarter teaspoon cracked pepper, and half teaspoon red chili flakes, and saute the garlic and onions for about five minutes until translucent.
- Add in the celery and carrots and stir for another few minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, zucchini, tomato puree and remaining stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add in the cooked lentils and parsley.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Check frequently in case you need to add a bit more stock.
- Serve tossed with multigrain, gluten-free or pasta of your choice.