Lemongrass Infused Quinoa
Make extra because I am telling you this is divinity on a dish. Lemongrass gives this dish a fresh flavour, while the spices make it exotic and comforting. Loaded in protein and magnesium, keep the spices on hand and make this a staple. Add in fresh veggies at end like red pepper and kale and you will really up the nutrient punch. Option to tofu with chicken.
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Shallot finely minced
- 4 cloves Garlic smashed
- 3 tbsp Lemongrass chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 cups Chicken or vegetable stock low sodium
- 2 Juice and zest of limes
- 1 cups Quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- 8 OZ Tofu extra firm, cut into slices
- 1/2 cups Cilantro torn
- 1/4 cups Green onion sliced
- Lime wedges
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- dd the shallot, garlic, chili flakes, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, coriander seeds and cumin. Cook stirring until translucent about 2 to 3 minutes .
- Add broth, lime zest and juice and quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Give it good stir and then cook until quinoa is tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
- Brown tofu brown 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve quinoa with 2 piece tofu, and garnish with cilantro, green onion and lime wedge. GORGEOUS