Yes another quiona. It is just so unbelievably versatile and delicious. This zingy yet mild dish makes a great extra for holiday meals. It is hearty and healthy and goes with everything and cooks in 15 minutes. So no panic.
Lemon Saffron Quinoa
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Shallots diced
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 3 Carrots diced
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Saffron threads crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 cups Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Heat Olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add Shallots, garlic, carrots, celery, salt and pepper and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add saffron and quinoa, and cook, stirring 1 minute more.
- Add broth, lemon juice and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer; cover and reduce heat to low until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let sit 10 more minutes. Add parsley and extra lemon zest.