Kale And Avocado Salad
This recipe requires that you get messy, and use your hands. It’s loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats and tastes delicious. For an added protein punch, add some hemp seeds and/or chick peas to finish it off. This salad stays good for 2-3 days and just keeps getting better.
- 1 head Kale any type
- 1 Ripe avocado cubed
- Olive oil extra virgin
- Himalayan sea salt
- Cherry tomatoes and sliced red peppers diced
- 2 Spring onions
- 1 can Chickpeas optional
- Dried cranberries
- Hemp seeds
- 1/2 cups Sundried tomatoes sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Remove center stalks from kale and slice into ribbons. (I like to roll it up and slice across- chiffonade style.) Add a little bit of olive oil and massage with your hands to coat kale. Add Himalayan Sea Salt to the kale and massage further. (this will allow the kale to release more moisture and break down.)
- Add avocado, peppers, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and spring onions. Add juice of one lemon, salt and pepper and toss.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds- optional