Go To Stir Fry
This easy meal is a go to on busy nights and works with any whole grain—millet, quinoa, or what ever may be leftover in your fridge. I usually make this towards the end of the week when produce drawer is lacking and I am tired of cooking. Take what ever produce is still in the frige, dice it up and add it the below.
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2-4 Carrots shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked brown rice + 3/4 cups uncooked
- 2 tbsp Ginger minced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 tbsp Tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds toasted
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add in garlic and ginger, cooking until they both become fragrant. Stir in shredded carrots and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sesame seeds. Pour over carrot mixture and cook until heated through.
- Finally, stir in rice and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice is warm.