This easy meal is a go to on busy nights and works with any whole grain—millet, quinoa, or what ever may be leftover in your fridge. I usually make this towards the end of the week when produce drawer is lacking and I am tired of cooking. Take what ever produce is still in the frige, dice it up and add it the below.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-4 carrots, shredded
- 1½ cup cooked brown rice (about ¾ cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- 1.5 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium low heat. Add in garlic and ginger, cooking until they both become fragrant. Stir in shredded carrots and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sesame seeds. Pour over carrot mixture and cook until heated through.
Finally, stir in rice and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice is warm.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!