Flourless Banana Muffins
Yup, they are yummy. My girls love these sugar-and gluten-free muffins. We aren’t gluten free or sugar free in this house, but I do like to limit both. They are a great grab-and-go breakfast and snack and also a healthy nut free lunch box treat. Loaded in flavour, these fiber-rich muffins are also a great protein source.
- 4 Very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Oat flour
- 1/2 cups Unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cups Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cups Hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract alcohol free
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda sodium free
- Dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Place in oat flour in large bowl and add all the other dry ingredients.
- Puree bananas in a food processor.
- Add the apple juice, applesauce and extract and process again until combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour into muffin liners filling about 2⁄3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional to add chocolate chips or cocoa nibs.