Yup, they are yummy. My girls love these sugar-and gluten-free muffins. We aren’t gluten free or sugar free in this house, but I do like to limit both. They are a great grab-and-go breakfast and snack and also a healthy nut free lunch box treat. Loaded in flavour, these fiber-rich muffins are also a great protein source.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sodium-free baking soda
- A sprinkling of dark chocolate chips: OPTIONAL
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
Place in oat flour in large bowl and add all the other dry ingredients.
Puree bananas in a food processor.
Add the apple juice, applesauce and extract and process again until combined.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Do not over mix.
Pour into muffin liners filling about 2⁄3 full.
Bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
OPtional to add chocolate chips or cocao nibs
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!