I love this easy spring dish. Nothing brings out the freshness of seasonal asparagus and peas than lemon and garlic. Loaded with greens and medicinal garlic, this velvety dish is the perfect dinner. Easy to make gluten free as well, using brown rice pasta.
• 6-8 stalks asparagus, trimmed, bottoms discarded
• cup of your favorite green—kale
• TBLS Coconut oil
•3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 TBLS Tahini
• Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
• Pinch of coarse sea salt
• 2 cup of Veggie broth mixed with water to fill pot
• 6 ounces pasta (your choice)
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
• 1 cup peas
• Salt, Pepper, crushed red chili flakes to taste
Whisk tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt until smooth. Toss the asparagus, peas and kale in the mixture until nice and coated. Add coconut oil to pan and saute garlic until soft. Add Veggies to pan and saute. The asparagus should still have some crispness to it. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
Bring the broth/water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente. Toss the cooked pasta with the asparagus, parsley, kale and peas.