Creamy Broccoli Soup
Steaming broccoli florets helps them maintain their nutrients; adding them to soup with olive oil, pine nuts, and garlic cloves makes a complete heart healthy meal.
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets, stems thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 15 OZ Cannellini beans 1 can, drained
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 OZ Parmesan or pecorini
- Steam broccoli florets and stems until tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup florets for garnish.
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add beans and stock and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add broccoli; puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish each bowl with broccoli florets, toasted pine nuts, and shaved Parmesan.