Coconut Avocado Key Lime Pie
OMG, this is the bomb. Really. I worship avocados … I worship coconut … and I worship key lime pie. Something I don’t eat lots of for obvious not-so-Nourished reasons, but this one (along with my cashew key lime) is so loaded with healthy fats and nutrients you live on it. But don’t cause it is still super fattening even tho it is super healthy. It’s a treat. And way better for you than the Standard Key Lime Pie.
- 2 Avocados
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 cups Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cups Coconut shreds unsulphured
- 1/3 cups Almond flour
- 1/2 cups Dates not soaked
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- Blend all filling ingredients together. Set aside. For the crust, process dates, coconut shreds and almond pulp, and salt, cayenne together until smooth(ish).
- Line pyrex or small square baking pan with parchment paper. Press the crust into it. Spoon in filling. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Take out and let stand 5 minutes. Cut in squares. Garnish with Lime zest and toasted shredded coconut. Tastes best cold. Very cold.