Coco-Banana Bread (It’s Gluten Free)
Probably the easiest thing to bake—(read, you can not mess this up) and seriously, the yummiest gluten-free, protein-packed, healthy fats and fiber-rich dessert/breakfast/snack. For school friendly options, use all millet flour or a mix of quinoa and millet flours. I would double recipe and bake 2. Trust me.
- 3 Large bananas mashed
- 1/3 cups Coconut oil softened or melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cups Coconut sugar (lower on glycemic index)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda DO NOT FORGET
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 3/4 cups Millet flour
- 3/4 cups Almond flour substitute for coconut flour for a SCHOOL FRIENDLY alternative
- 1/2 cups High quality chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Whisk together mashed bananas and coconut oil in large bowl. Add egg, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle salt and baking soda and mix into batter. Add flours and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased (I use coconut oil) 8X5 inch loaf pan. Tap down. Add a couple sliced bananas/chocolate chips on top for presentation and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool before slicing.