Yes, you read that right. We have something in my house called “vacation cereal.” Why? My girls discovered Cinnamon Toast Crunch on a trip to Grandma’s house. And they were obsessed ever since (really, can you blame them)? But that is one seriously scary label. I don’t think we recognized any of those ‘foods’ in this house. I have played around to make a green smoothie to taste as much like this cereal as possible. I think I just about nailed it minus the crunch. Greens+healthy fats+protein=an easy, fast breakfast/snack in a pinch minus the crazy sugar, preservatives, fillers, pesticides, chemicals, etc.
- 1/2 Cup coconut water
- 1 Cup almond milk or hemp milk (I prefer hemp milk)*
- 2 TBLS Hemp Seeds
- 1 TBLS Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 TBLS Raw organic Almond butter
- 1/2 Avocado (totally optional) this addition makes it even smoothier and makes this more of a meal.
- 1 Cup organic spinach
- 1 TSP (or more if you want) ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch sea salt
- 2 Dates, pitted
- 1/2 TSP pure vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients.
*Hemp milk is an amazing milk alternative high in protein. And a super synch to make. 1/4 cup organic hemp seeds to 1 cup filtered water. Blend until smooth and creamy @ 2 minutes. No need to strain.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!