Vanilla Chia Pudding
My latest obsession with the Mayan Chia superseed continues. Chia means endurance and this tiny little seed is a nutritional powerhouse. Incorporate these seeds in liquid (see below) and they begin to gel and soften, providing an excellent slow-moving fiber and protein, which helps you feel full longer and reduces appetite. Now you can enjoy these ancient seeds as a delicious dessert any time – and this recipe only takes about 20 minutes to make! A serious hit in my house.
- 2 cups Coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Couple dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 cups Chia seeds
- Heat the milk over medium in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in the vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Once the milk is almost to a simmer, whisk in the chia seeds.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes, or until the mixture gels up to a tapioca consistency.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cool in the refrigerator.