Celery Carrot Crunch
Celery is one of those massively under rated vegetables. Yet the light green stalk is one of the healthiest and most nutrient dense veggies out there. It is loaded in vitamins and minerals; low in calories and crazy high in fiber; aids in digestion; helps protects the eyes and prevents age-related degeneration of vision. It also is extremely alkalizing. So it helps maintain your body’s PH balance. This alone should have you munching on the stalk. Try it in this fun and surprising salad pleaser. The cinnamon provides a fun new twist and also balances your blood sugar.
- 3 cups Organic carrots scrubbed and shredded
- 4 stalks Celery sliced
- 1/4 cups Cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1/4 cups Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cups Hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cups Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Scrub and grate or chop veggies, then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberries and hemp seed to the mix.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, sea salt and cinnamon, toss gently over salad.