These gluten-free macaroon style cookies are moist and spicy and loaded with veggies. Don’t tell! Paired with a tall glass of almond or hemp milk. It’s easy to eat too many of these. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cups Almond flour
- 3/4 cups Quinoa flakes or quinoa flour
- 3/4 cups Unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cups Walnuts chopped
- 1 cups Carrots shredded and packed
- 1/4 cups Zucchini shredded and packed
- 1/2 cups Raisins or favourite dried fruit chopped
- 1/2 cups Maple syrup
- 1/4 cups Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups High quality chocolate chips optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, baking powder, sea salt, flax and cinnamon.
- Add in the nuts, carrots, chocolate chips and dried fruit.In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, freshly grated ginger, and vanilla. Add this to the dry mixture and stir until combined
- Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough onto lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each bite.
- Shape into a ball with hands. Bake for about 25-30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack.