These gluten-free macaroon style cookies are moist and spicy and loaded with veggies. Don’t tell! Paired with a tall glass of almond or hemp milk. It’s easy to eat too many of these. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes or quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 2 TBS ground flax seed
- 1/4 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (leave out to be school friendly)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded and packed
- 1/4 cup zucchini, shredded and packed
- 1/2 cup raisins, diced (or your fav dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 TSP fresh ginger, or 1/2 TSP ground
- 1 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup high quality chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
Preheat oven to 350F and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, baking powder, sea salt, flax and cinnamon
Add in the nuts, carrots, chocolate chips and dried fruit.
In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, freshly grated ginger, and vanilla. Add this to the dry mixture and stir until combined
Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough onto lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each bite
Shape into a ball with hands. Bake for about 25-30 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!