California Quinoa Salad
Cool, refreshing, as healthy as it gets … This is my most favorite. This recipe make a TON of salad, plenty to last you for a few (or more) days. Perfect for busy people who enjoy quick and easy leftovers. All of these measurements were estimations, just throw in the ingredients to suit your tastes. I really don’t think you could mess this up!
- 2 cups Mixed quinoa
- 4 cups Water
- 1 package Frozen mango or 2-3 fresh mangoes. diced
- 1/2 Large red onion diced
- 1 Medium to large red pepper diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1-2 cups Coconut shredded and unsweetened
- 3/4 – 1 cups Almonds slivered, unsalted and dry-toasted
- 1 -1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 2-3 cups Edamame frozen, then thawed
- 4-5 Juice of limes
- 3-4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse quinoa well, cook as directed.
- Fluff quinoa well when done, spread out and let cool.
- Add all other ingredients and toss.