Cool, refreshing, as healthy as it gets … This is my most favorite. This recipe make a TON of salad, plenty to last you for a few (or more) days. Perfect for busy people who enjoy quick and easy leftovers. All of these measurements were estimations, just throw in the ingredients to suit your tastes. I really don’t think you could mess this up!
- 2 cups mixed quinoa – regular quinoa or red quinoa would work well here too
- 4 cups water (for cooking quinoa)
- 1 package frozen mango OR 2-3 diced fresh mangos
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium to large red pepper, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsalted, dry-toasted slivered almonds
- 1-1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2-3 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Juice of 4-5 limes
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Rinse quinoa well, cook as directed.
Fluff quinoa well when done, spread out and let cool.
Add all other ingredients and toss.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!