Cool, refreshing, as healthy as it gets … This is my most favorite. This recipe make a TON of salad, plenty to last you for a few (or more) days. Perfect for busy people who enjoy quick and easy leftovers. All of these measurements were estimations, just throw in the ingredients to suit your tastes. I really don’t think you could mess this up!
- 2 cups mixed quinoa – regular quinoa or red quinoa would work well here too
- 4 cups water (for cooking quinoa)
- 1 package frozen mango OR 2-3 diced fresh mangos
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium to large red pepper, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsalted, dry-toasted slivered almonds
- 1-1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2-3 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Juice of 4-5 limes
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Rinse quinoa well, cook as directed.
Fluff quinoa well when done, spread out and let cool.
Add all other ingredients and toss.