Chickpea Cabbage Curry
Curry—you either love it or hate it. Yup, you guessed it, I love it. This vegetarian protein dense one is pure comfort for me. Loaded in protein, Vitamin C and antioxidants, this is easy meal is a fridge staple. I nibble on it all week. Serve with big green salad and dinner is done.
- 2 cups Cooked chickpeas if using cans, rinse
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Head organic green cabbage finely sliced
- 1/2 Cauliflower chopped, optional
- 2-3 tbsp Yellow curry powder
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee onion and garlic in Olive Oil until fragrant and translucent. Add a generous heaping of salt.
- Add chickpeas, cabbage and cauliflower if using. Cover 4 minutes. Add some more salt and curry powder.
- Add a TBLP of water or so, mix until powder is even and cover. Cook 5 more minutes until soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime. Enjoy.