Braised Kale and Turkey
Earthy and hearty, this simple dish takes under 15 minutes to prep and cook. Play around. Want to go vegan, skip the meat and go extra veg. Loaded in everything, this is a winning weekday dish.
- 1 cups Turkey meat organic and ground
- 1 cups Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cups Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken broth organic and low-sodium
- 1 cups Water
- 2 15 OZ cans Chickpeas organic, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups Fresh kale chopped
- 1/2 cups Plain greek yogurt non-fat, optional
- 4 Lemon wedges
- Cook ground turkey. Drain.
- Add 1 cup carrot and chopped onion to pan, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and red pepper; cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken broth, 1 cup water, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 4 cups kale to bean mixture. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle about 1 1/4 cups bean mixture into each of 4 bowls, and top each serving with 2 tablespoons yogurt.