- 1 lb Red beets trimmed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cups Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cups Toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp Chopped tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- 12 OZ Whole grain spaghetti or your favourite gluten free pasta
- 1/2 cups Greek yogurt plain non fat, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle beets with oil and season with salt. Wrap tightly in foil and roast until tender, 1 hour. Peel and chop once cool.
- Pulse beets, walnuts, and tomatoes in a food processor. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup water, and return to pot.
- Toss with beet mixture, adding pasta water until creamy. Serve with plain non fat Greek Yogurt, a drizzle of oil, and red-pepper flakes.