- 1 pound red beets, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
- Red-pepper flakes
- 12 ounces whole grain spaghetti or your fav gluten free pasta
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle beets with oil and season with salt. Wrap tightly in foil and roast until tender, 1 hour. Peel and chop once cool.
Pulse beets, walnuts, and tomatoes in a food processor. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes.
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup water, and return to pot.
Toss with beet mixture, adding pasta water until creamy. Serve with plain non fat Greek Yogurt, a drizzle of oil, and red-pepper flakes.