Beet And Fennel Salad
Why do I love beets? How do I not? They are overall good for every single cell in your body. Beets are a significant source of betalains, which give the root is deep red color. Betalains are not only a powerful antioxidant, but they are also anti-inflammatory and detoxifying, anti-cancer. What’s not delicious about this. Love this salad on it’s own, over quinoa or as a side. Now go eat your beets.
- 1 head Green cabbage shredded
- 1 large bulb Fennel sliced thinly
- 2 Beets sliced thinly
- 1 Cucumber sliced thinly
- 1/4 cups Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh mint chopped
- Honey optional
- Place cabbage, fennel, beets and cucumber in a large bowl.
- Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, mint, and honey.
- Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately.