Basic Braised Balsamic Red Cabbage
Loaded in antioxidants and Vitamin C (more than an orange), this simple side dish accompanies anything. I love it with some crumbled goat cheese and chopped toasted walnuts.1 medium head red cabbage – washed, quartered & sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 medium head Red cabbage washed, quartered and sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the coconut oil, add the sliced cabbage, Add salt & pepper and stir well. Cover for 15-20 minutes stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, stir well to coat all the sliced cabbage, put lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally remove the lid, stir and cook another 5 minutes so the balsamic vinegar can evaporate.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.