Banana Protein Milkshake
Just another deviation on my love affair with chia-and hemp-seed laden smoothies. This is a sweety, one when you are craving a thick milkshake to cool you down. No diary or refined sugar here—no way—not on Nourished. You will be so surprised how sweet the dates make this, but don’t be fooled, this protein packed, Omega 3 loaded shake is super healthy. Hey you could always throw in a handful of kale! I dare you … You go girl.
- 2 cupa Coconut milk full fat or light both work
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 4 Medjool dates pitted and soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp Hempseed
- 1 tbsp Chia
- 1 Small banana preferably frozen
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 cups Ice crushed
- 1 splash Orange or pineapple juice
- In a blender, combine all and blend until smooth. Enjoy cold. Remember the chia starts to gel up so drink relatively quick or make smaller batch.